- I've been living in Newton Stewart with my three kids since we moved back from Canada in late 2010. I feel blessed to now live in such a stunning little corner of the world.
- I started practicing yoga regularly after the birth of my third child. I was recently separated, and the lone parent of three little ones. Yoga was an hour and a half of 'me' time every week that really made me feel great and helped me through some very challenging times, including overcoming my battle with alcohol addiction. I made friends in that class that are still good friends today. Initially I was going to class for the physical benefits I knew I'd get. I became stronger and more flexible. I had no idea that over time, as I began to delve deeper into a variety of practices such as pranayama, meditation and chanting, yoga would become the foundation of my entire life.
- I am a level 1 coach in triathlon working with kids and adults at Newton Stewart Triathlon Club and The Triathlon Trust. I occasionally work with Active Schools and Communities as a sports coach. I am a member of the parent council and actively involved in fundraising for my kids' schools.
I'm a keen mountain biker and enjoy running and swimming. I also like cycling around the quiet local roads if there's a coffee and cake stop along the way. Occasionally I put all that together and have had a go at a couple of local triathlons. I like reading, word puzzles, teaching myself guitar, walks with our dogs Bo and Bear, playing with our two kittens Mai and Binoo and travelling adventures with the kids.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
- Yoga Foundation Course, Yoga Scotland 2012
- 500hr Teacher Training Diploma, Yoga Scotland 2013 - 2015
- Yogic Living and Teaching Course, Yoga Scotland 2020 - 2021
- Certified Vishoka Meditation Teacher, Himalayan Institute, 2021
- Yoga therapy for anxiety CPD qualification.